When I was pregnant with M, I was very much on the lookout for free stuff for moms. There are so many brands out there that are trying to market to new moms, and one of the ways they market is by offering samples of their products for free. Not only is that a wonderful way to explore the various baby brands out there, and decide which you like, but you’ll also save some money on all those free stuff for babies out there. Disclosure: this post contains affiliate links.
A few words of caution about free samples:
Some things are totally free, but many will require you to pay shipping. Often, it’s worth it, as the shipping is a fraction of the cost. Get those that you can really use, and skip the rest.
Most companies offer you a freebie because they hope you’ll like it enough to buy afterward. You can read more about the legitimacy of freebies here (how to spot a scam), in case you’re concerned.
Therefore, many free offers are actually trials. Meaning, the company is giving you a chance to try the service before you buy it – and you might just want to continue! That means, once the trial period is over, it will charge you. ALL OF THOSE CAN BE CANCELED IN ADVANCE! I made sure! I wouldn’t share with you any kind of subscription service that can’t be canceled. You can spot these by the terminology – they are usually referred to as trials, as opposed to samples.
My advice: when you order it, note when the renewal is. Set an alarm on your phone a few days before the renewal. Assess how much you liked the service, if it’s worth continuing. If not, cancel it. You won’t be charged. I’ve done this many times and it’s been fool-proof. I have yet to pay for a service I didn’t like.
The ones with codes you can use multiple times – just open the link again in a new window. You’ll need to pay shipping each time.
Free stuff for moms who are pregnant:
- Belly button band for pregnancy – use code ENBABY
- Breast pads – use code ENBABY
- Gwynee Bee Fashion in a box. Free for 30 days! – free box of plus size clothing for rent. Add a few things to your “closet” to get your first box! I love this service that allows you to rent plus size clothing (a great alternative to maternity). I tried it myself and LOVED it as you can see in the video below:
Some of these are great for pregnant moms, especially toward the beginning when you might just need to go up a size or two. Or, you can do this postpartum when your maternity doesn’t quite fit you yet. It’s a great way to avoid having to buy a wardrobe you’re going to need for a month, and a perfect solution if you need something for an occasion (did I mention this is free for a month?!)
- More clothing: Get $25 credit if you’re new to Eshakti – plus get free customization on your first order, so that you can get a pretty dress to fit your post-baby body!
- Baby registries: some of them actually give gift bags of free samples – including products, pacifiers, baby bottles, and more. BuyBuyBaby, and Amazon are two favorites that I’ve personally registered for. Some you need to go in store for – double check! I registered with Amazon and was offered a free baby box with $35-ish in samples soon afterward (no guarantees with this one, as their offers tend to change with availability)!
- Free clothing! Get free clothing from Schoola (second hand). I’ve gotten many things from them. Sign up here to get $10-20 free (this amount does change regularly), and then for every friend you refer (to get free stuff), you get more credit. You’ll also be supporting schools. You’ll need to put in credit card information, but I’ve done this many times, and was never billed.
- Free Honest Beauty trial!Treat yourself, mama! Get 6 trial sizes of Honest Beauty trial sizes (just pay shipping).
- Free breast pump: As part of the Affordable Care Act, new moms can get a free breast pump via their insurance. I actually didn’t place an order from mine, until I learned that the Medela that I had and loved with M has an open system and is not safe to reuse (as bacteria and mold can build up inside and reach the baby.) So I finally ordered a new one via my insurance.
- Perfect for postpartum – free 200+ magazines trial: Texture is an app that gives you unlimited digital access to 200+ magazines to read. I know I devoured magazines (and they made a mess in my home) during those postpartum days. Sign up for your free trial here.
Free stuff for new baby:
- New! Anyone can get and use this free $10 Google Express credit (no minimum order) – it allows you to order things from local stores. Shipping is free with a $15 order. I got myself some new Pyrex bakeware! This is like free money, since you can use it to buy your regular groceries.
- Free month of ABCmouse.com – Entertain you kids while educating them! I love this for keeping biThis is also perfect for summer and winter break boredom – a productive activity to save mom’s sanity!
- New! Peapod (an online grocery) is offering $20 off Your First Order (+free shipping) with code 60DAYSFREE. So stock up on formula, baby food, diapers, or whatever it is you need!
- Get 5 free pairs of baby leggings – use code ENBABY
- Get 5 FREE Baby Board Books! – Click on “shop now” and select the 5 free board books that you would like. Once you have made your selection, you will automatically be directed to the shopping bag. Enter the promo code “PJBABY” and we will deduct 100% off the cost of your board books. These books make GREAT gifts; selections dwindle quickly so get yours today! *Remember, you can use the promo code “PJBABY” more than once, just open a new browser to do so! *Offer valid while supplies last.
- Free Sling-style baby carrier – use code ENBABY
- Free adorable faux fur baby hat (also available for toddlers and bigger kids – plus for mom!)
- Free Car seat canopy – use code ENBABY
- Nursing pillow – use code ENBABY. I really wished I had this when I was breastfeeding M, but did not know about this freebie for moms. The cost of buying one in the store was too forbidding, so I did without. I highly recommend paying the shipping cost on this – it’s worth having! I now have a nursing pillow with my second and it’s a world of a difference.
- Free Nursing cover – use code ENBABY – same story as above! I missed this so much with my first!
- You can sign up for free samples of baby formula, plus they’ll also send you checks in the mail. Sign up with Similac (up to $400 in rewards!) or Enfamil.
Free Diapers Samples and Trials:
- Parasol is a newer natural diaper company that offers free trial packets. They are supposedly above and beyond in quality from the others (below). Order your trial here.
- Everyday Happy is another natural diaper company with free trial offers. Get your trial here.
- You can compare it with Honest Baby‘s free trial to see what you prefer. Note: the welcome screen has changed to a $10/$20 purchase. Feel free to make good use of that. Either way, you can get order a free trial once you start.
More Free Stuff for Moms:
- Try Amazon Family for 30 days – free! You have all the benefits of Prime, plus extra discounts on things such as diapers. (You should definitely do this if you’re creating an Amazon registry, as it’s likely required for your gift box, plus you’ll get a larger completion discount.)
- Get a free $10 gift card if you’re new to Ebates – (once you make first purchase via them). Ebates is an online rebate website. If you shop via them, you get rebates at various merchandisers. I use them ALL.THE.TIME. and have made a few payouts. This is possibly one of the best free stuff for moms (or anyone else) – I got a $10 Target gift card when I signed up, used it to buy diapers, AND got 2.5% back on the Children’s Place order I was anyway placing.
- And finally, don’t forget to print out those pictures! If you’re a new Snapfish user, you can get 100 free prints when you sign up!
Want more? I put together a new list of freebies for women! Check it out…
Did I miss something? Which free stuff for moms did you get, or do you know of? I’d love to hear in the comments below!