I’m so happy to introduce to you today a new guest poster – Georgina from Craftulate! She shares many fun crafty ideas on her own blog (check it out!), and today she put together for us a list of fun crafts for adults to make for kids.
You know I love to share with you many crafts for moms on this blog and like to focus on functional things. Georgina has assembled this great list of crafts for adults to make for kids from her own blog, mine, and some other amazing sources!
10 CRAFTS FOR ADULTS TO MAKE FOR KIDS:
1. If you want to encourage kids to make their own soap – make it in the shape that they like! This homemade soap can be made in any shape if you have the right cookie cutters!
2. Do your kids love music? Then they will love this hand drum! It’s made from recyclables but you can make it look SO pretty!
3. Have you made a personalized book for your child? Fill it with pictures and photos of their favorite items and they will LOVE it. Here are ideas for a book for babies and another for toddlers. You could make some moving parts and even sight words to help them learn to read!
4. If your kids like puzzles then they will LOVE this tetris-inspired puzzle cube! The individual blocks have so many uses that kids of all ages will enjoy playing with them!
5. Use recyclable items and a hot glue gun to make this marble run in a show box lid! Kids can play by tilting the box or use a magnetic ball and magnet wand!
6. Doesn’t every child love playing with blocks? Why not make them a set of their own wooden alphabet blocks? (p.s. These also make great gifts!)
7. Many young kids love train sets – but what about ones that glow in the dark? This is a super fun idea!
8. Do you need to organize your kids? Make this magnetic weekly calendar for them – they’ll love using it and everyone will know what is happening!
9. Are you handy with a sewing machine? Here’s a tutorial for making easy bean bags!. There are so many ways to play with them – GREAT for developing gross motor skills.
10. If you’re a papercrafty kind of gal (or guy) then you’ll love these milk carton treat bags! You can totally personalize them and they’d also be perfect for kids’ parties!
Do you ever craft for your kids? Which crafts for adults do you like to make? Comment below!
Georgina writes the blog Craftulate, which features art, crafts and activities for young children. Get heaps of inspiration for your little ones by following her on Facebook, Twitter,Instagram and Pinterest!