These adorable heart friendship bracelets are so simple to make – plus they’re adjustable! The supplies are easy to find and cheap, making it a perfect seasonal (or year-round) craft to create in bulk, at parties, or just for fun. Disclosure: this post contains affiliate links.
This fun, popular craft has been a huge hit! It’s perfect for teens, tweens, and even grown-ups. You can modify it for any time of year, with different designs of course
The twine gives it a trendy organic feel and a strong hold, but you can use any ribbon of a similar thickness, such as rattail (satin), or leather.
As you can see, I made it using square wooden beads. The light wooden ones are perfect for using with Sharpies. I also made a hot pink one with a black permanent marker (try any shade of red or pink) and a purple one with a silver paint marker (for that, you can get a pack of assorted colors).
So, these heart friendship bracelets make an open-ended craft, perfect for expressing some creativity.
This bracelet is super cheap to make so it can be made for a whole class, at a party, or as a party favor! While it’s great as a seasonal craft for Valentine’s Day it is also great for friendship bracelet making at any time of year… Print these boxes to take them home or to gift them in.
I have also created a silent tutorial video to go along – so if you prefer to sit back, relax, and watch, here you go:
Supplies Needed for Heart Friendship Bracelets:
- Jute Twine – about 3x the size of the wrist to be safe. You can also use baker’s twine or regular cotton twine – whatever you prefer,
- Square Wood Beads (3 per bracelet)
- Sharpies or other fine tipped permanent marker. The pack of sharpies I have includes many colors for a great price, so I have a color ready for whichever product I need it. If you’re using darker beads, try paint markers.
- Scissors for trimming it.
Want to learn how to make jewelry out of anything? Get the book! You’ll learn how to make jewelry out of anything, with 42 unique, quirky out-of-the-box jewelry making projects for tweens and teens.
How to Make Heart Friendship Bracelets
1. Use the sharpies to create outlines of hearts on your beads and color them in.
2. Do this on all four sides of your beads, in the same direction.
3. String three heart beads onto the twine and center them.
4. Tie a knot on each side of the beads, pulling it tight against them. This keeps the beads centered and adds a touch of style.
Just like this…
5. Now you’re going to close your bracelet in a way that requires no hardware, but can still be taken on and off. Tie one of your “tails” around the other one. Make sure that the second end of your strings threads straight through the know without twisting.
6. Repeat with the other side.
7. Make sure your two closure knots are tight and trim your twine. Your bracelet should look like this.
8. Give it to friends to wear and enjoy!
You can see, on a second bracelet, I outlined the hearts with a black marker for a little variety.
You can take them on and off as needed due to the double slip knot – isn’t that great?!
Sharing is caring! Share this post by clicking on any of the sharing buttons to the left! Or hover over any image to pin it…
Tuesday 19th of February 2019
My eldest daughter loves to create bracelets for her sister and friends. She will definitely try this one. Thanks for sharing!
15 Creative Valentine's Day Crafts & Recipes For Family Fun - Ducks 'n a Row
Sunday 27th of August 2017
[…] Melted Beads Valentine Heart Windchimes Craft – No Time For Flashcards Pin It! Easy Heart Friendship Bracelets – Moms and Crafters Pin It! Heart Shaped Craft Stick Puppets – Pint Sized […]
54 Valentine's Day Ideas for Kids | Shutterfly
Monday 26th of June 2017
[…] Source: Moms and Crafters […]
15 Fun Summer Crafts & DIY Projects for Kids – Excuse Me Mom
Wednesday 31st of May 2017
[…] Heart Friendship Bracelets Tutorial from Moms And Crafters […]
50+ Awesome, Quick, and Easy Kids Craft Ideas for Valentines Day
Saturday 4th of February 2017
[…] DIY Heart Friendship Bracelets. […]