These music and movement activities for toddlers were made possible by iConnect: Influencer Management and Pampers. I received compensation, but all opinions are 100% mine.
You can have so much fun with these music and movement activities for toddlers! There’s nothing quite like Mommy & Me fitness time, and you’ll really enjoy getting in some exercises while spending time with your tot.
My toddler really keeps me active. I don’t just mean because I chase him. We love doing active things together, so I thought I’d share with you some of our favorite music and movement activities for toddlers.
These activities are geared toward toddlers age 18 months and up, though some can be done by any child who can walk. I chose my favorite ones that can be played by mom and toddler alone (without a group), and really get you moving.
5 Mommy & Me Music and Movement activities for toddlers:
- Follow the leader – let your toddler be the leader and imitate what she does. Then switch off and see if your toddler will follow you.
- Motion cards – I based this on this game – you can either use the game, or create your own DIY version. To play the game, you roll the big plush die, and choose a card of the same color. Do the motions that you see on the card. It’s very fun to see your toddler try to flap his arms like a bird, fist pump, or slither like a snake. (Note: your toddler will likely follow your cue with this one as well, and copy what you do.)
- Dance freestyle! And then freeze. Hold hands, move together in a circle, stomp your feet – whatever. Let your child lead the pace. When you (or your child) decides it’s time, freeze in place. You can determine this by shutting the music, or just by doing it yourself and setting an example for your child.
- Songs and motions – Once again, toddlers love to mimic. Sing favorite preschool songs, and do the motions (or make them up), allowing your child to follow along. Stand up and do it with your whole body. A great song for this is “Here we go round the Mulberry bush.” I found this list of great suggestions for you. The cool thing about this one, is that after some repetition, your toddler may start to be familiar with the words, and try “singing” along!
- Add some favorite toys to the mix – Since you’re doing this personally, with your child, you can customize it to her. For my toddler, that means dancing with his Elmo plush. You can dance while banging two pot covers together, or even two blocks.
Keep your toddler active and moving, and join in on the fun!
I love how the new design of Pampers Cruisers really helps my toddler move.
How the new Pampers Cruisers keeps your toddler moving:
Pampers Cruisers are designed for big babies and toddlers (size 3-6) who like to move.
It’s so great for children to be on the move from an early age – be it keeping active and fit, developing healthy habits from the start, or simple curiosity and exploration. Yet, more than three-quarters of moms (78%) feel that saggy diapers can weigh their baby down and impede movement.
Pampers Cruisers new design features three channels (in the core of the diaper) to better absorb and distribute moisture and to keep your baby sag-free and on them move!
Plus, they have my toddler’s favorite characters on them – Elmo and Co! Seriously, my toddler is so obsessed, that I convince him to allow me to change his diaper by telling him “We’re getting an Elmo diaper!”
Mom testers of this new diaper really felt that it helped keep their babies on the move. 89% said that it reduced bulkiness between the legs, and 91% found that it locked wetness evenly.
Pampers believes in doing good for all children, providing for their health and well-being. So, at every Pampers Cruisers stop, they will donate diapers to children in need.
One of my favorite features of all Pampers diapers, and especially the Cruisers line when my toddler is active and moving, is their fit. The stretchy sides flex comfortably with baby’s moves, and I see how they don’t irritate my toddler. He really feels more comfortable moving around in his new Pampers Cruisers for that reason.
Pampers Cruisers really help my toddler get his swag on! So, put those Cruisers on your tot, and get moving with these fun music and movement activities for toddlers. You’ll keep your toddler fit, get in some exercise, and spend quality time all in one.