Welcome to this guest post from Donella of Glue Sticks and Gumdrops: Make this fun beaded spider craft for kids – a not-so-spooky project that you can add to your Halloween decor!
When my son and I make crafts together, I try to choose kids’ crafts that he’ll actually play with and enjoy after the craft is finished. Sometimes it’s hit and miss, but this beaded spider craft was a real winner. He loves the clanking of the beads, and he has lots of fun trying to scare Daddy with his toy.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED FOR THIS BEADED SPIDER CRAFT:
(Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.)
- 4 black pipe cleaners
- Black pom poms (5 small or 1-2 large)
- Black pony beads (About 120)
- Googly eyes
- Hot glue gun (School glue is fine for younger children, but it will need a few hours to dry.)
- Scissors may be needed
HOW TO MAKE THE BEADED SPIDER:
1. Twist the pipe cleaners together in the center to form legs.
2. Add 14-15 beads to each leg.
3. Do this until all the legs are beaded, with an inch or two of pipe cleaner left at the end.
4. Trim the pipe cleaners to make all the legs even.
5. Wrap the scrap pipe cleaner pieces that you just cut off around each leg. This will help hold the beads on, which is important if your child likes to play with his or her crafts afterward.
6. Glue pom poms onto the center of the legs to form the spider’s head and body. I used five small pom poms, but if you have larger ones, one or two will work just fine. Use a hot glue gun for best results.
7. Glue googly eyes to the spider’s head. If you have some really tiny googly eyes, add lots of eyes for a spooky spider effect!
Bend the legs a little at the ends to help it stand up, and there you have your beaded spider!
Add it to your Halloween display! If you’re looking for more fun Halloween crafts for kids, try the beaded pumpkin craft at my blog, Glue Sticks and Gumdrops!