This month’s coloring tribe challenge was to create cat coloring pages. I wanted to challenge myself further, and created these cat masks printables – including a free printable adult coloring version for you to enjoy! Disclosure: this post contains affiliate links.
Since I created these as part of our free coloring page hop, I decided to offer the first page that I created free of charge.
Note: all of these downloads will open in a new tab so that you are not redirected away from the instructions below!
I also created two cat masks printables bonus bundles:
- A color-in bundle that contains another beautiful adult coloring design, two simpler kids versions (or adults can add their own detail!), and the plain template so that you can create your own designs, and use it with card stock, or pretty scrapbook paper. This packet ALSO comes with the free printable version, so that you don’t need to download it separately.
Get the Full Color-in Packet / Get it on Etsy
- A full color version that contains one with beautiful detail added, one more cat-like design, and the two adult coloring ones with color added in the background only.
Get the Colored Packet / Get it on Etsy
There are so many things you can do with these cat masks printables!
You can have them out as a coloring craft at an event or party. You can create them for a masquerade event. Or make them just for fun!
You can even use these as party decor.
I assembled the ears in two different ways. One is more straightforward but it bends back a bit.
The second way, with the center of the ear folded in a valley fold, takes the shape of an ear more, but it will be slightly more challenging to assemble.
I’d recommend going easier for younger kids, and going harder if you’re up for the challenge!
These are full sized masks, so if you’re printing it for kids, you can reduce the scale a bit and print at 75% or something like that.
I also played around with different craft materials for the whiskers. You might want to leave those off entirely, if you want to showcase the art aspect more. But if you want to get really crafty, and have options, you can play with feathers, yarn, or cotton twine to create whiskers.
I used these markers to color in the bottom mask pictured above (which is the one you get free) and added a little blending. For the design with the really small spaces I highly recommend this marker.
What you need to assemble your cat masks printables:
- The masks printed on cardstock. The full color-in packet here, and the full-color packet here. Available via Etsy too!
- Scissors and a utility knife
- Glue stick
- Glue (regular school glue will work just fine)
- Whiskers (optional) – string, feathers, cotton twine
- Paper straws, wooden dowels, or elastic
- Markers for the color-in versions.
How to assemble your cat masks printable:
Watch the video if you want. Or scroll down for full instructions:
1. Color in your cat masks printables. Skip if you’re using the full color versions 🙂
2. Cut out your mask and ears. use a craft or utility knife to help you cut out the eye holes.
3. Cut the slit in the center of the ear tab – it will help you curve the ear around the shape of the mask better.
4. Use a blunt edge (the back of a utility knife works great) to score along the curved edge of the tab on the bottom of the ears.
5. Optional: fold your ear in half as pictured.
6. Add glue to the two tabs at the bottom of your ears.
7. Glue your ears in place, curving them with the shape of the mask. If you didn’t fold your ear in half, they will tilt backwards. If you did, you will need to pinch it a bit in the center bottom and curve it along the edge, playing it by ear a little (no pun intended…)
8. Tape a dowel to the back.
9. Optional: glue on some whiskers!
Your cat mask is complete and ready to wear!! What will you be using these cat masks printables for? Comment below!
Get the rest of the cat coloring pages from the coloring tribe:
- Cat Masks Printables by Moms & Crafters (you’re here!)
- Cat Nap Vintage-Style Coloring Page by Arts & Crackers
- Wisdom Cat Coloring Page by Hattifant
- Free Cat Coloring Page by Arty Crafty Kids
Follow along for the rest of this year’s coloring tribe pages:
If you haven’t yet, you can download your cat masks printables right here!
Or, grab the full color-in version:
And the full-color version!