I made these chicken sesame noodles as a cold dish, perfect for cooking in advance – with no need to reheat. It’s also a great choice for a picnic. Active prep time is short, although you do need to think ahead so you can marinade the chicken properly.
You can serve it with a hot vegetable or a cold salad and you have a complete meal. Or serve as a side dish when you’re entertaining. My baby loved slurping this up, and he enjoyed the chicken as well.
Chicken Sesame Noodles:
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 lb spaghetti, cooked, drained, and rinsed
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 T. lemon juice
- 1 T brown sugar
- 1 T soy sauce
- 3 T soy sauce
- 1 T toasted sesame oil
- 2 T red wine vinegar
- 1 t garlic powder
- 1 t hot sauce
- 1 T sugar
- Mix together marinade ingredients in a bowl or resealable bag. Poke holes in the raw chicken and allow to marinate overnight.
- Grill chicken until slightly charred and cooked through. Alternatively, you can bake chicken on 350 for an hour, or until fully cooked. (This time is a rough estimate and will vary greatly depending on how thick it is.)
- Cook spaghetti, drain, and rinse.
- Mix together the dressing ingredients.
- Tear chicken into bite size pieces.
- Mix together chicken pieces, pasta, and dressing. Top with toasted sesame seeds.
- Serve cold.
Check out some more delicious recipes here. And don’t forget to share if you care!