I decided to try my hand again at some fun paper craft templates for pretend play. A while ago I shared some printable groceries that were very much enjoyed, and then I worked out a school bus template that was a huge hit. I wanted to create some fruit, but severely underestimated the undertaking that it was. Disclosure: this post contains affiliate links.
I really wanted to do more than I previously did – to give it a beautiful watercolor finish. The paper craft templates were supposed to be easy: simple shapes, with a watermelon wedge based on my cheese triangle. But then I decided to turn it into a single sheet printable, with a curved bottom, and there I was, building the paper craft templates from scratch…
This fun watermelon is adorable pretend play fruit toy for your little one’s kitchen set.
But the fun doesn’t end there!
The sophisticated design makes it a beautiful centerpiece and table decor item for a spring or summer party. You can seriously upgrade your picnic with these! Use them as party decor or props, line up a few on a plate, or make them just for fun.
M was so excited when he saw that I made these watermelon papercraft templates for him. They went right into his play kitchen.
You can download these papercraft templates below – just enter your email, agree to the terms, and it will show up in your inbox! Then scroll down for assembly instructions.
What you need to assemble the watermelon paper craft templates:
- A printout of the template (above) on card stock
- Scissors or a craft knife
- A scoring tool
- Glue strips (or glue, but it’s a bit messier)
- A metal ruler
How to assemble the play fruit paper craft templates:
Watch the silent video below to see how I assembled it, or scroll down for image instructions:
1. Score your printout on the faint dotted lines (all the internal lines) using a blunt edge. I highly recommend a scoring tool for the neatest lines, but yes, that is a crochet hook that I had handy… HA!
Use a straight edge such as a metal ruler for all the straight lines – to keep them lines! I made the lines pretty faint to keep the printable pretty, so use these images as a guide if you need to.
2. Cut out your paper craft template around the colored border.
3. Fold your watermelon on the score marks that you made to make it easier to fold later on.
4. Attach glue strips to the tabs as pictured.
5. Assemble your watermelon slice!
Have fun with it!
Tuesday 6th of June 2023
Looks awesome for a two tier summer tray
Tuesday 5th of July 2022
will use for my daughter's birthday party!
Tuesday 7th of September 2021