Last week, I shared with you some adorable candy corn treat boxes. This week, I decided to go a little spookier with Halloween treat boxes that look like Jack O Lanterns! Assembly for this week’s boxes is super easy and straightforward. They are typical pillow boxes, that only need to be glued on one side, and take minutes to put together.
I love creating pillow boxes, for their versatility and their simple assembly. They hold surprisingly well when closed because of the curved design. They also offer plenty of space for the print area and paper used, and are perfect for small gifts, favors, and candy.
In my big pack of free printable pillow boxes, I offer a few seasonal options, but none for the season of candy – Halloween! So, I decided to create some fun free printable Halloween treat boxes for you to enjoy.
WHAT YOU NEED TO ASSEMBLE THE FREE PRINTABLE HALLOWEEN TREAT BOXES.
Disclaimer: this post contains affiliate links.
- The printed files (get them here.) Print the colored file on card stock. The templates can be on any paper. I recommend NOT scaling to fit your media, as scaling can differ between the printed file and the template, causing them to not align properly.
- Craft knife
- A good ruler (I like to use a metal one).
- A surface for cutting on (as you’ll likely cut through and scratch/cut the surface below). I used a padded mailer,or you can use a cutting mat.
- Tacky glue, glue stick, invisible tape, double sided tape, OR washi tape in a coordinating color. You’ll also want some kind of tape that removes easily, such as washi.
- A pair of scissors (I like to use detail scissors) for rounded corners.
HOW TO ASSEMBLE THE FREE PRINTABLE HALLOWEEN TREAT BOXES.
- Cut out and score your pillow boxes. You can see more detailed, step by step instructions for cutting and scoring here.
2. Place a little glue or tape on the flap.
4. Fold in the ends. Fold in first the end with the notch (as that makes the inner flap easier to open) and then the one without (which looks nicer.)
Fill ‘er up when you have one side closed, and then close the second side! They are adorable, and versatile, and great for small gifts as well as treats.
HEAD ON OVER HERE TO PRINT YOUR FREE PRINTABLE HALLOWEEN TREAT BOXES.