This list of apps to plan your summer days has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Walmart Family Mobile. All opinions are mine alone. #Save4Summer #CollectiveBias
So many of you loved my top photo apps for moms, so I decided to bring you another favorite apps list!
Summer days are long, but they don’t have to be boring! Even when school’s out and your days are empty, you can use these apps to plan spontaneous entertainment, and to help you keep busy.
While these apps do require data, using them does not need to be expensive! Walmart’s Family Mobile plans offers unlimited data at prices we can all afford. For $29.88 a month (for the first line) you get unlimited data, the first 1GB of which is at 4G LTE speeds, so that your spontaneous plans can happen quickly. You also get unlimited talk and text.
Top 15 Android apps to plan your Summer entertainment:
- Fandango – Want to watch a movie? Use Fandango to see what’s showing, purchase tickets, and even watch trailers!
- Play Movies & TV – Rather watch at home? This app likely comes with your phone, and allows you to rent your favorites on the spot!
- Movie Twist – Want to watch but not sure what? This app helps recommend movies based on what you already like.
- Nearify – Find out what’s going on in your area! Choose which categories you like best, and it will show you a list of events so that you can plan your day.
- Field Trip – is another local app, focused more on attractions than events. It will let you know about places that you didn’t know existed, taking you slightly off the beaten path.
- NoWait – Whether you’re out and about, or sitting at home, and you get hungry, NoWait will allow you to put yourself on your favorite restaurant’s waitlist. It’s also great for discovering new places to eat.
- Yelp – Before you finalize your plans, use this app to make sure others liked that attraction too!
- Pinterest – Want to do something together as a family? Pinterest is not limited to DIY and recipes! There are so many ideas for fun things you can do. Start with my Summer Fun board below and continue browsing for more inspiration on the go.
- Oh Ranger! Park Finder – If you’re in a “go get ’em” mood, this is the app for you! Enter your zip code or location, decide what activity you want, and it will find a park in the area to suit your needs.
- RV Parky – Are you more into doing all this in other states? Don’t worry about where you’ll park your RV for the night, because this app will show you where to do it!
- Spinlister – is a peer-to-peer bike rental app. You can find people who will rent you other things, such as surfboards and more.
- GasBuddy – You will need to refill somewhere on the way, but you can plan to get the cheapest rates with this app. This app has already saved our family hundreds of dollars!
- LivingSocial – Here’s another great way to save! Getting flash deals on local attractions can help you plan your day for sure.
All of these photo apps for moms are available for free download on your Android device. Plus, having a great phone makes the planning experience go even smoother – and you don’t need to break the bank! I use my ZTE ZMax Phablet to figure out what we’re doing. It has a huge screen, with the features of a top-of-the-line smartphone, but I got it for only $179.00 (down from the normal $199.88). It can handle all these apps easily, and together with Walmart Family Mobile’s 4G LTE speeds makes for perfect spontaneous summer planning.
The phone and starter kit was easy to find in my Walmart. They have a nice selection in the section with the no-contract phones.
You can now live your summer to its fullest by using these apps to plan your days. Saving on your plan and phone helps you have the budget for all these fun family activities.
What are your favorite apps to plan entertaiment? Do you have an top photo apps for momsto support them?
Disclaimer: All prices for phones and plans included in this post are accurate as of the date of posting; however, these prices are subject to change. Please refer here or your local Walmart for current pricing.