These DIY shot glasses are a great father-approved gift! I customized them with ribbons to match my husband’s favorite sports teams, so that they make a perfect addition to a shot glass collection.
My husband is a fan of both the NY Mets and the NY Knicks, and lucky for me, they use similar colors. Get ribbons in the team colors of the sports fan you are making them for. These are so easy to make and can be adapted to almost any age group.
These shot glasses make a great Father’s Day gift and can be made with younger children too. I used stainless steel shot glasses as they’ll be more forgiving of smudges than glass ones. I aimed for the thinnest ribbons possible so that I can play around with them more.
A few simple steps, a few inexpensive supplies and you have a perfect DIY gift.
Supplies for the DIY Shot Glasses:
- Simple shot glasses
- Thin satin ribbons in team colors. You can check them here if you’re not sure.
- Strong glue such as E6000. If you’re doing it with younger children, use regular white or tacky glue.
- Detail scissors
How to make DIY Shot Glasses for Sports Fans:
1. Measure and trim your ribbons.
2. Apply a thin line of E-6000 glue to the back of the ribbons.
3. Glue it in place. I played around with a few different arrangements.
4. Allow it to dry for 24 hours. Trim the excess – detail scissors allow you to get close.
5. If need be, clean up glue smudges using nail polish remover.
I intended this mainly as something to add to a collections, not necessarily for drinking, but I did try to keep the ribbons away from the rim. I have no idea how well it will wash. E-6000 is usually water resistant, but I would not attempt to put it into the dishwasher.
Amaze Dad with a Father’s Day or holiday gift that he actually loves! Let homemade meet function and fandom…
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.