If you have a fashion-designer-to-be in the family he or she will simply love these free printable dress up dolls mats! Instead of using pre-made outfits, you can design your own using play dough. Then you can clean it up and try again!
I’ve made a colored version (for those who just want to design clothing) and a black and white version (for those who want to design from scratch. The doll can be turned into a boy or a girl, or even an adult. The goal is to leave it as open ended as possible.
What you need:
(Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.)
- A printout of the black and white version or the colored version. (Download is at the end of this post)
- Something to laminate it with (a laminating machine, clear contact paper, packing tape, tape in place inside a sheet protector…)
- Play dough in as many color as possible, or in a few basic colors for children who can mix their own. You can make it yourself...
- Tools to cut and shape, especially a (plastic) knife for trimming.
- I added a mix of beads to the play for extra fun
What to do with the Free Printable Dress Up Dolls Play Dough Mats:
It’s up to you! Be creative! Start with hair, continue on with an outfit, and then add accessories and jewelry..
Play games and challenge yourself. Do it as a team. For example, you can make up an event and everyone must design for that event. You can rotate the mats every three minutes, so that each person creates a different part of the outfit. Or just have fun on your own designing and dressing.
Wednesday 6th of January 2021
These are great!
Kids Indoor Activities - Simple Acres Blog
Thursday 9th of February 2017
[…] Printable Dress Up Dolls and Imagination: This is such a timeless activity enjoyed by kids that really allows them to use their creativity. For the dress up doll printable visit Moms and Crafters. […]
Free Printable Playdough Dress Up Mat – Lesson Plans
Saturday 27th of February 2016
[…] Play dough Printable Dress up Dolls Template […]
Saturday 20th of February 2016
40 play dough mats for preschoolersMama OT
Wednesday 2nd of September 2015
[…] Dress-up dolls // Moms and Crafters […]