If you’re a big fan of coloring bookmarks, you’re in luck! This month, the coloring tribe theme is all about bookmarks and you’ll find some unique free printable designs to color, including these reading glasses bookmarks. In case you missed it, last month’s was these hot air balloons. Disclosure: this post contains affiliate links.
When I was challenged to create some color-in bookmarks for adults I knew I had to think outside the box.
So I brainstormed and scribbled and came up with these cool reading glasses coloring bookmarks.
I have been finding that I have too many half-finished coloring pages that I just never get around to completing. That’s why for this one I wanted something simpler – that I can actually complete – and more functional.
Also, as M gets older, I like things that he can craft alongside me – and while this is a bit complicated for him to cut and assemble, he had fun coloring some glasses too.
But you don’t need to! The arm of the glasses can simply hook right over – or if you like a simple, flat bookmark, you can skip the arms altogether and just do the glasses.
I colored these using STABILO Pen 68 markers and these double-tipped Trio 2-in-1. I kept the color palette simple, bright, and imaginative rather than realistic. I also added my own design to the arms of the blue and green pair, as you can see above.
These coloring bookmarks have tons of room for creativity and fun. The quirky reading glasses design makes them look like you hooked your glasses onto the page – except it still allows you to close your book without breaking said glasses.
I hope you enjoy these reading glasses coloring bookmarks – make sure you scroll down to the end of the post so that you can grab the rest of the Coloring Tribe’s cool color-in bookmarks!!
What you need to assemble these reading glasses coloring bookmarks:
- The printed pages – (download them at the end of this post.)
- Glue stick
- Optional: magnets (promotional business card-type magnets are perfect for this – make sure they’re strong enough to stick through a book page) – and industrial strength glue.
How to make Reading Glasses Coloring Bookmarks:
Watch the video below, or scroll down for step-by-step photos and instructions
1. Color your glasses and two pairs of glasses arms for each bookmark you choose to create.
2. Cut them out. If you want to you can also cut out the lenses, but it will be less sturdy.
3. If you want it to look really nice, color the back of the arms too. If you’re creating these as a gift, this is the perfect spot to add a sweet message.
4. Fold the tab at the end of the arms inward.
5. Glue them in place.
If you plan to add magnets, make sure you have a decent area that overlaps on the two arms.
6. To add magnet: trim two pieces of magnet to fit in that overlap section.
7. Glue them in place so that if you hook one arm over the page it will attach to the magnet on the other arm.
Keep on reading, crafting and enjoy these adorable coloring bookmarks!
Keep some handy for yourself or give them as gifts.
What will you be doing with these reading glasses coloring bookmarks? Which pairs will you be coloring? Comment below!
Once again, if you have not yet downloaded your coloring bookmarks, you can do so below:
Subscribe to download your Reading Glasses Coloring Bookmarks
Download more coloring bookmarks from the coloring tribe below:
Beautiful Coloring Bookmarks by Arty Crafty Kids
Reading Glasses Bookmarks by Moms & Crafters (you’re here!)
Easy Peasy and Fun (coming soon)
The Cutest Unicorn Bookmarks by Hattifant
Arts & Crackers (coming soon)
Trail of Colors (coming soon)