This minion pillow craft has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MinionsAtTarget #CollectiveBias
To celebrate the December 8th release of the new Minions movie on DVD, I created this adorable minion pillow craft, modeled after our lovely friend Stuart, of course! It’s a really simple no-sew craft, that’s perfect for cuddling while cozying up to a Minions movie night.
A long time ago, in a place far away, the minions were looking for the worst villain to serve… but somehow, they seemed to be better at destroying their villain than serving it. That was until…. Sorry! You’re going to have to watch the movie for the rest!
The Minions movie is a perfect pick for a family game night because of its subtle humor and light entertainment. That’s why we went to Target to gear up for a perfect Minions movie night! We got paper goods, munchies, and more, but there was one thing that was missing: something DIY of course!
Target has well-stocked their shelves with all the minion paper goods, toys, books, clothing, and, of course, DVDs that you might need for a perfect movie night. But I always like to have a touch of homemade at any get-together.
This adorable Stuart minion pillow craft is perfect for crafting at a minion slumber party with friends. It’s also a great personal, DIY add-in to bundle as a gift with the new Blu-Ray/DVD Metal Pak movie, available exclusively at Target.
This limited edition version comes in a collector’s tin, with three new short movies, plus 40 minutes of Target-exclusive content. You also get a $5 Target gift card with this version only (woot-woot!) You can order online and pick up in the store, or just go to the beautiful displays and grab one for yourself.
Now, for fear of giving something away, and possibly spoiling the movie for you, we’ll move on to Stuart, who plays an important role (oops!) Okay, we’ll move on to this felt minion pillow craft that keeps me cozy while laughing at the minions.
This pillow is NOT perfect – as you can see – but it’s not meant to be! It’s just a fun, quirky craft. If you want to go pro with it, you can sew it instead of gluing it, and add some seam allowance too. I didn’t.
It is an adorable throw pillow that’s cozy and friendly, and perfect for spicing up a bed or playroom couch (once you’re done watching the movie of course.) Scroll on for the tutorial!
What you need to make a minion pillow craft:
- Large pieces of yellow felt (the larger you get, the bigger you can make your pillow…)
- Smaller pieces of gray, black, brown, white, and pink felt.
- Scrap denim (outgrown or ruined jeans are perfect) or denim colored felt
- Stuart to model for you (hint: there is something in your Metal Pak that is perfect for that.)
- Good scissors
- A glue gun and glue stick
- Thick black string
- Stuffing (I upcycled filler from torn chair cushions.)
- The Minions Metal Pak Blu-ray/DVD – because what’s the point if you don’t have the movie to watch?!
How to make a felt minion pillow craft:
1. Sketch and cut out two oval-ish shapes from yellow felt.
2. You now need to one by one, create the goggles, eyes, and mouth from felt shapes. First sketch them out on the back of your felt, and then cut it out. Everything is relative to the other parts, so use the pieces you already made to determine the size of the others. For the goggles, I outlined a gray ring, and cut it out.
5. For the mouth, cut out a base from a dark color (I just used some of the brown, but a deep red would be more accurate.) Cut out a tongue using the dark base as your guide, and do the same with teeth.
8. Now glue all your features together, then glue them in place! The overall straps are tucked behind the minion shape now, but the goggles straps are wrapped around your finished pillow, so leave those loose.
9. Now glue the front of your pillow to the back around the edge! Because of the odd shape, you’re best off dotting it in place at intervals, and then connecting the dots. Make sure to leave the top open.
12. Glue the top of your minion shut. You’re now ready to watch that movie!
Have you watched the Minions movie yet? I hope you’ll give this minion pillow craft a try!