Got some old, broken crayons hanging around? Here are 14 crazy cool things to make with crayons. Each idea just seems to be better than the next!
(Disclaimer: this post contains an affiliate link.)
Crayons are known to be colorful, but a little lesser known trait of theirs is their versatility. From using the wax properties, to making the most of the vivid hues, these crayon crafts are simply amazing. They have been collected from various bloggers, all offering their best talent. Make sure to click through to each one to find the full tutorial!
Whether you’re collecting old crayon bits to make these crafts, or snagging some inexpensive bulk crayons to put to an alternative use, you’ll definitely find something here to suit you! Things to make with crayons range from kids’ crafts, to DIY recipes for beauty and play, and of course, some fun crafts for moms to make.
14 Cool and Functional things to make with crayons
1. Add some colorful glamour to your playroom! Make a Faux Stone Rainbow Crayon Wall Art by Club Chica Circle.
2. DIY Crayon Candles by The Pinning Mama are perfect for gift giving. Make them in the recipient’s favorite colors.
3. A fun craft to make together with your child, crayon initial art teaches about colors too, within the process! Click the image to learn how to make it.
4. Mini Crayon Wreaths by Create Craft Love are another great way to spice up a creative nook. Plus, if you want to change your design afterward, you can still use those crayons for one of the other crayon crafts on this list.
5. You don’t need to wait until the holiday season to make these Melted Crayon Ornaments by Messes to Memories. They are pretty enough to display all year round.
6. Crayon Textured Play Dough adds another dimension to your child’s sensory and creative play! Plus, there’s a bonus way to play with play dough hidden inside that post.
7. Cute Crayon Treat Bags by Yesterday on Tuesday involve your child in a little back to school gift giving. People crayons are so much more fun to color with, aren’t they?
8. This Crayon Bouquet by momdot is another great crayon gift – perfect for anyone who loves color!
9. Your child will be so pleased with the results of this DIY Wax Paper Lantern by Artsy Fartsy Mama. The colors shine bright!
10. Got a makeup-loving tween? 2-Ingredient Crayon Lip Gloss by momdot is a fun way to express herself.
11. Make Melted Crayon Art by 52 Kitchen Adventures – another great way to decorate a playroom or creative area!
12. Make these Fun Crayon Wands by Kids Activities Blog – they’re so easy! Color with them afterward – the drawings will be full of surprises.
13. Crayon Shavings Sun Catchers by Buggy and Buddy catch the light perfectly in your window. Click on the image below to see how to make them.
14. Oh, my, wow! How cool is this Milk Carton Crayon Ice Candle by Left Brain Craft Brain? The process is simple and fun for the whole family to make together, and then give as a gift.
Do you have any ideas for things to make with crayons? Comment below! Don’t forget to follow Moms & Crafters on Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter for many great ideas from bloggers around the globe!