Coloring pages for adults have been growing in popularity lately – and I’m not surprised! I’ve always loved detailed coloring, and used to doodle complex designs and fill them in myself.
I was really pleased when Skyhorse Publishing contacted me to offer my readers some free samples from their new series of travel-friendly adult coloring books.
Disclaimer: I received a free product in exchange for the review of the book within this post. The rest of the post I am sharing with you, simply because I wanted to bring this great asset to my readers! All opinions are my own and were not influenced by the receipt of a sample. This post contains affiliate links.
These four free printable coloring pages for adults come from their four new books.
I loved coloring them, and found it so relaxing.
I was recently chatting with my Nutrimom coach, and discussing different ways that I can relieve some of my stress. As a work-at-home-mom I tend to spend my entire day from the moment I wake up working on the blog, and various blog-related tasks. At the same time, I chase my stay-at-home-toddler (I send him to a babysitter four hours a week) and I also take care of the house, with no outside help (other then my husband, of course).
I felt that I had already cut back too many blogging hours, and it wasn’t quiet helping my stress and allowing me to sleep. My coach suggested I take on a hobby.
Well, if you’ve been following along, you know that I craft plenty – but when you craft for your job, it simply doesn’t have the same relaxing benefit as crafting for a hobby.
Then, I tried out these free printable coloring pages for adults.
Because they are repetitive and detailed, you can really unwind with them. There is no pressure for a positive outcome – and the main goal is the process itself!
So, here ya go – I’m so excited to be sharing this with you! It’s a great way for moms to unwind after a long day, for students to unwind after the pressure faced in school, and for teens to unwind from the social and academic pressure. I hope you all enjoy it!
4 FREE PRINTABLE COLORING PAGES FOR ADULTS:
- You can download the ZIP file with all four free printable coloring pages for adults here.
- My favorite equipment for coloring are thin Staedler markers. I have this set, but the truth is, some of the narrower areas came out messy. I used to have a set like this that would have been perfect. I also enjoy using my PrismaColor colored pencils, and Sharpies – especially for larger areas.
- Set yourself up in a comfortable place and color! I sit on the couch with coffee, and a large hardcover children’s book that belongs to my son.
- Relax! Don’t worry about how it comes out! The main point is to enjoy yourself.
Did you love it?
Here’s my review of the actual book: Natural Wonders.
Natural Wonders is a hardcover book, full of detailed pages around the same theme: nature. It has 75 detailed patterns (120 pages). Some pages were more detailed than others.
To me, this is a huge advantage, as sometimes you DON’T feel like going overboard on the detail.
The pages take a long time to color – making each one a continuous project.
A few points to note:
- It’s a “hardcover” book – however it doesn’t have a traditional wrap-bound cover. It seems like printed cardboard. I’m guessing this helps keep the price relatively low, while still allowing for a hard cover to protect your hard work.
- It is marketed as a portable book. This is relative. It’s not a huge coloring book, but it’s hardly a travel size either. Dimensions are: 8.4 x 6.5 x 0.5 inches. This can be good, bad, or something in the middle, depending on what you need it for.
- The paper is thick and did not leech at all when I used colored pencils or Staedler markers. I have not yet tried it with Sharpies.
- The print reaches the edge of the page – with no bleed.
- It has various levels of difficulty – from beginner to advanced. It wasn’t necessarily in that order, though. The best way to use it was to flip through, and chose a page I liked. I was definitely pulled toward these flowers!
I hope you enjoyed these free printable coloring pages for adults!
Make sure to pass on the love using the sharing buttons to the left.