This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Diaper Genie® Elite and Babies R Us. All opinions are 100% mine.
My favorite way to relax on a challenging day is to create! I asked some fellow moms what their favorite relaxing crafts for adults are, to provide some inspiration… Scroll down for some inspiration!
Every mom needs a little me-time. Every mom deserves a little me-time. Most moms don’t get enough me-time…
We are so busy taking care of our children, we forget to take care of ourselves.
Take the my Diaper Genie® story as an example. Having an easy, stink-free disposal system for diapers is such an obvious way to take the edge off a less-than-favorite part of parenting. But it wasn’t until my baby was older than eighteen months that I really made my life easier.
Until I got my Diaper Genie® Elite at Babies R Us, we tried a few things. First, we got a regular covered diaper pail and had it near the changing table. It caused a lot of stink. Then, we tried moving that to the bathroom. Let’s just say, it’s not so simple to sneak a diaper into the bathroom every. single. time you change it, especially when you have a baby on the move…
Our Diaper Genie® Elite has really simplified things for us. It sits in our nursery, and we just toss the diaper in! Refills are easy, and you can even get them in packs of 8.
Simplifying simple childcare tasks allows me to take the “Mommy Time” I really need to keep going.
Diaper Genie® has taken it a step further with their Mommy Time Rewardsprogram. Not only do they make things easier for you with their amazing product, but they also help you treat yourself further! When you buy Diaper Genie® products, you can upload the receipt, and earn points toward treating yourself. Like an Amazon gift card to buy some crafting supplies… (or a gift card to Sephora if you feel like a makeover.)
That means the more diapers I change, the more I get to craft!
CRAFTING TO RELAX:
For me, mommy time means crafting. When I need to unwind and relax after a day of toddler tantrums, parenting challenges, and hard work, it’s the process of the craft that helps me relax. I look for easy, repetitive crafts – the kind you can sit down on the couch with, sip some coffee and really breathe.
Knitting might be the first relaxing craft for adults that comes to mind, but there are so many more options! Some fellow moms who blog shared with me their favorite crafts for mommy-time.
15 RELAXING CRAFTS FOR ADULTS:
Crafting just for the sake of the process: When I’m looking for some Mommy Time, all I really care about is the process of creating. While the craft might be functional at the end, these crafts are detailed because I want to create! It’s the type of thing you can put away, and then take out at a later date.
- I made these dots and doodles jars on an especially challenging day.
- Coloring is not just for kids! It has always been a favorite of mine, and the more detailed the pages the better. Here are some great free printable coloring pages for adults: Zentangles by In the Playroom, or “Follow Your Heart” pages by The MadHouse, butterflies by Crafts on Sea
- Play Trains makes pipe cleaner trees when she wants to unwind.
- The Joys of Boys relaxes with detailed character snowflakes.
Crafting a treat for yourself: Can’t justify crafting just for the sake of the process, but want to keep this time all about you? Make yourself something functional!
- Make over a vintage purse with a tutorial by The Thinking Closet.
- Decorate your home with a detailed wreath! Here are three ideas to start with: Origami Crane Wreath by Raising Whasians, A felt rose wreath by East Coast Mommy, or a cupcake liner wreath by Typically Simple.
- Mae a magnificent feather tree by One Creative Mommy.
- Make yourself a mini shape album by Ribbons and Glue
- Or, treat yourself with some baubles with a bauble ring (because you all know I LOVE making jewelry to relax!)
Crafting a surprise for your child: If you really can’t bring yourself to steal some time for yourself, treat your kid instead!
- Car magnets for play – I made these when I wanted me-time but didn’t feel like much. I designed them on the computer, and when I got into a more crafty mood, I created the magnets. You can download it for free and just make the magnets.
- Little Worlds makes her daughter feel good too by embroidering her art.
- Buggy and Buddy sews stuffed felt letters.
- Rhythms of Play paints rainbow peg doll families for her daughter to learn and play with.
ABOUT THE DIAPER GENIE® ELITE:
- I love how the sleek, white design will match with virtually any nursery or setting.
- The odor lock system means that you have a double seal for your smelly diapers. That means, it’s not just a cover on top – there is a clamp that automatically seals in your diaper even before you close the lid.
- In case that’s not enough, an activated carbon filter helps absorb more of the odors.
- The bags are really easy to replace! You slip in the cartridge, pull it through, and close. Then a built-in cutter allows you to empty it when it’s full.
- The bags themselves lock in the odors too, so that you covered all bases!
Get the Diaper Genie® Elite at Babies R Us here. Babies R Us now has 8 pack refills, which last for up to a year’s worth of diapers! Each refill holds up to 270 diapers (plus, the Diaper Genie® Elite comes with a 100 diaper refill cartridge).
It has really made my life easier, especially as my toddler grows. And as a mom, who works hard 24/7, I deserve to make just one aspect of life with a baby easier!
So what are you waiting for? Sign up for the Mommy Time Rewards (you’ll get 300 points just for joining!) and start treating yourself to a new stash of supplies for your relaxing crafts!