These adorable Valentine Pillows make the perfect Valentine’s Day craft for tweens, teens, and big kids! They’re super easy and fun to craft – make one or a dozen. Disclosure: this post contains affiliate links.
I remember making fleece tie pillows as a kid in camp. It’s a fun project because it takes something that typically requires a very specific skill (sewing) and makes it accessible to everyone.
Tie projects open up a world of new possibilities for crafting – whether the absence of a sewing machine makes it hard to sew, or if it’s done in a group setting.
These Valentine pillows are perfect for anyone to make for a BFF or loved one. They are a great party craft for tweens and teens. You can pre-cut the hearts to make it easier to do in a crowd, or let them make it from start to finish.
Fleece is one of the less expensive fabric types out there, and the fact that you don’t need to “seal” the ends – it doesn’t fray – makes it that much easier to make these adorable valentine pillows with them!
Whether you are making these yourself, or crafting it with your tweens and teens, the main thing is to have fun with it! Prep the basics and then work on tying all your knots while relaxing with a favorite show, in the doctor’s waiting room, or wherever/whenever you want!
What’s Needed to Make Fleece Tie Valentine Pillows:
- 2 pieces of fleece per pillow – suggested size: 9×9 inches
- Poly fill stuffing
- Fabric scissors
- Pen or marker
- White paper to make your template
How to make fleece tie Valentine pillows:
1. Cut out a heart shaped template from the white paper. Make sure to make it
no bigger than your pieces of fleece. Use the template to cut out the heart shape from each piece of fleece.
2. Lay 2 fleece hearts on top one another and draw a smaller heart on the top
heart. I suggest making it about 1 ½ inches smaller. This smaller heart is
used as a guide to cut your strips.
3. Start from an edge and cut little strips, about ½ inch wide, into the fleece, making sure to stop at the smaller heart you drew. Continue until you have strips around the entire perimeter of your heart.
4. Now take 2 strips that are on top each other and tie them into a tight little
knot. Move on to the next 2 strips until you’ve gone almost all the way
Leave a little opening so that you can fill your Valentine pillows. Stop with about a 2-inch opening.
5. Stuff some pillow stuffing into the pillow until you like how full it is. Then finish
tying the last few strips together.
Your valentine pillows are ready to share with a loved one!
Who will you be making these Valentine Pillows with or for? Comment below!