This quick and easy tutorial will teach you how to make a bauble ring in just a few minutes!
A bauble ring is a statement ring so I like to wear it on my middle finger where it’s more balanced. The adjustable ring bases on these make that easy to do.
This is the most popular ring in my Etsy shop. If you’d prefer, you can just purchase it in a variety of colors in my Etsy shop. Or, you can follow along with this tutorial and DIY!
- Time: approximately 10-15 minutes
- Level: Beginner. This project is a great way to learn about headpins and how to use them. It’s great practice for making neat loops.
- Age: This will depend on the person. Children as young as 8-10 years old can try it, and it’s a great project for adults as well.
Supplies for the Bauble Ring:
- 10 headpins
- 1 ring base such as this one
- 10 beads approx. 8mm in size – I used these
- Tools: Round nose pliers, chain nose pliers, flush cutters
How to Make the Bauble Ring:
I like to work assembly-line style, doing all of each step at once, and then progressing to the next step, instead of working one bauble at a time.
Step 1: Thread the beads onto the headpins.
Step 2: Trim the headpins using the cutter. You’ll need about 8-10mm to stick out of the bead.
Step 3: Using your round nose pliers, bend back the headpin where it meets the bead.
Step 4: Starting at the tip of the headpin, use the round nose pliers to form a neat loop. Don’t close it completely.
Step 5: Hook your headpin loop on one of the loops of the ring. Use the chain nose pliers to get in there and “squish” the loop closed.
Step 6: Adjust to your size and wear with pride!
If you are a visual learner, you will love this video I put together of me making the ring in action: