These Frozen Inspired Snowflake Gift Bags are such a fun way to learn how to make a gift bag out of wrapping paper. You can also try making a DIY gift box out of scrapbook paper. This post contains affiliate links.
This Frozen Inspired Craft is not only festive and great for Frozen fans but it’s also really simple to put together as well. When you make this homemade gift bag and give it to others, it’s like you’ve actually given them two great gifts because of the time and effort you put into this fun project.
Why not put some other fun homemade gifts inside this Frozen Inspired Snowflake Gift Bag as well? Add in these fun Gifts for Preschoolers and the entire gift package is certain to be a hit.
Just know that this gift bag is super simple to do. While it might be easy to just buy one from the store, giving a homemade gift bag really does add to the fun and thoughtfulness. It’s also a great last minute fix to know once you’ve learned how to make a gift bag out of wrapping paper.
Plus, with how people reuse gift bags, your Frozen gift bag just might make the rounds for years to come as well! Talk about a gift that keeps on giving.
Also, one other little fun piece of information to keep in mind…Your child can more than likely create this gift bag entirely on their own. Just be there for supervision and moral support but give them the encouragement that they can totally make it as well.
The glitter foam sheets are important for the Frozen look but you don’t need them if you just want to make a plain gift bag.
And you can adapt this for non-Frozen fans since you’re learning a new skill: how to make a gift bag out of wrapping paper!
Make sure to check out some of our other Five Minute Craft Ideas as well.
What you need to make these Frozen Inspired Snowflake Gift Bags:
- Craft paper or wrapping paper
- Glitter foam sheet
- Satin ribbon
- Craft glue
- The template – download it here.
How to make a gift bag out of wrapping paper:
1. Take any piece of colored craft paper that you’re going to want for the paper bag. Wrapping paper is a great choice here too. Trace and cut out a rectangle in it. (the size of paper that I used was 5 inches X 8 inches for a mini bag)
2. Once done, you’re going to fold the paper in half save for 1cm overlap. Fold that into a tab and glue that 1 cm part to the opposite side to close it off.
3. Take the open bottom end
of the folded paper and fold up 2 inches.
4. Make sure to keep the fold at the bottom secure and open up the bottom side. Then you’re going to flatten the 2 sides, so that you have a triangle on either side and a rectangle in the middle.
5. Working with this bottom portion of your bag, fold the top flap down to the center line
6. Fold the bottom flap towards the middle of the bottom part. This will slightly overlap the first folded flap. Next, glue the overlapped areas to secure the bottom.
7. Now you’re going to want to create folds along the sides of the bag. To do this, Fold each side inward. Match the opposite corners on the bottom side to make certain the folds are done neatly.
8. Next, take the sides and bottom fold and unfold them.
9. Create a crease along the folding lines.
10. Cut out your glitter foam sheets using the provided snowflake patterns. Do this by tracing and cutting them out.
11. Once cut out, glue the snowflakes to the bag.
12. To finish, cut out 2 small pieces of ribbon and attach them to create handles.
I hope you liked making this Frozen Inspired Snowflake Gift Bag! Are you planning on making some for your own gift-giving this year? Or are you just looking for a quick hack to learn how to make a gift bag out of wrapping paper?