Use this felt flower template to make your own bouquet, and a much more durable alternative to paper flower templates! You can use these to make the drinking straw flower craft, or use it with the felt flower wreath that I shared a while ago – the templates are totally different and interchangeable! Disclosure: this post contains commissioned images and links.
Felt flowers are so pretty and are a versatile craft.
Use this free printable felt flower template to make the flowers pictured for a bouquet.
They make a wonderful DIY Mother’s Day gift that won’t wilt away and go bad! The template makes it easy for beginners to try too.
You can also turn these into any type of home decor – be creative!
Keep your DIY felt flowers monochromatic, or make them in a rainbow of colors. They are so cheerful, you’ll want to make more than one!
You can also attach these to the tops of pens as sweet little gifts.
Make sure to choose a soft, good quality felt for a neat fold, especially for your petals and center. You don’t need more than scraps to make these – just cut your felt flower template into smaller pieces to use it that way!
What you need to assemble this felt flower template:
- Fabric scissors
- Fabric glue
- Drinking straw – paper or plastic
- The felt flower template – download it by entering your email address in the form below. You’ll be subscribed to relevant updates – unsubscribe at any time. Check your inbox for your download.
Download your template!
Enter your email address below. Then check your inbox for your download link.
How to make felt flowers on a drinking straw with a free printable felt flower template:
1. Use the templates to cut out 5-6 petals.
2. Fold the petals into cones with the flat side as the bottom/closed end of the cone and glue shut.
3. Now cut out the base of the flower using the template – cut out of green felt.
4. Fold this piece into a cone shape as well and glue shut.
5. Put your straw through the center hole in the base piece and glue it in place. It should sit below the top of your straw, a bit higher than the height of the cones you created in step 2.
6. Take the petal pieces and glue them onto the green felt cone.
Continue gluing all the petal pieces around the straw into the green cone, until you are complete, and you have a space with the straw tip in the center.
7. Take a small strip of coordinating felt. Cut some fringe into it, keeping your spacing even, and making sure not to cut to close to the bottom.
8. Roll the felt strip and glue it to keep the roll secured. Then glue it on the center of the petals over the straw.
9. Now cut out some leaves using the felt flower template, and attach them to the bottom of the flower.
Your felt flowers are complete! Use the same felt flower template to make a few in different colors, and gather them together in a bouquet!
You can place them in a tea cup with rice to weight it down if you want (or use glass beads).
Enjoy! Spread the love by pinning the image below. Hover over the image below and click on the “P” icon. A pop-up will show that will allow you to choose which board to pin it to.
How will you be using this felt flower template? Comment below!
Loved giving this felt flower template a try? Check out the pretty crafts below: