Got old, colorful nail polish? Craft with it! These fun nail polish crafts are easy, doable, and a great way to use up the polish you don’t wear. Check out the video and scroll down for more ideas:
(note: post contains affiliate links)
Nail polish has been my favorite unconventional craft supply for a while now. I always have colors that I did not end up liking, or older polishes that are too thick to really use. I also love getting fun colors on the cheap from inexpensive brands.
If you’re just getting started with nail polish crafts, start with your collection, and add in a multi-pack of colors to have handy. Some nail polish crafts require special polishes. For example, some will call for a crackle effect, some a glitter. But having a rainbow of colors handy will definitely jump start you for most of these. For effects, go for a brand you trust. For solids, use up the cheap brands that you didn’t like!
14 Fun Nail Polish Crafts:
1. Get crafty in the kitchen with these enameled teaspoons. What a lovely hostess or housewarming gift!
2. These neon chain earrings by A Splendid Assemblage are genius and chic! Jewelry making skills involved are very basic and the result is awesome.
3. Color code your keys wiht a fun idea from A Bubbly Life:
4. Crafting Ireland teaches how to make versatile enamel dots as used in this pretty card.
5. Upgrade sunglasses to mimic a designer pair in a simple craft by Real Girl Runway. I can see any teen or tween digging this one!
6. The possibilities are endless for these mini sunglasses charms! You can adapt it as a pair of shades for your child’s favorite Barbie-style doll too!
7. Glitter Magnets by Baby Loving Mama are another easy and functional craft your tween will love!
8. Make faux gemstone beads and then turn them into fun wrap bracelets with an easy and trendy tutorial!
9. This is one on the top of my to-do list! Make these color blocked stud earrings by In Honor of Design in minutes!
10. Funky and fun seashell earrings use nail polish in a surprising way! (Hint: it’s not used a a paint in this case).
11. If you can create art on nails, why not make it on canvas? This art canvas by Inner Child Fun can star in the perfect gallery wall.
12. Make these color blocked bobby pins by The Thinking Closet on the quick and cheap! Stack ’em up and give ’em to friends!
13. Nail polish makes for a hard-wearing and durable paint on this painted vase craft!
14. I was always a big fan of these washer necklaces by Sunhats and Wellie Boots. Make a bunch, wear a few at once, and give them out to friends.
Bonus: Make these adorable custom pencils for back to school, by Arts and Crackers. Click the image for the full tutorial.
The possibilities for nail polish crafts are endless! Treat it as a hard-wearing paint and a topcoat varnish and you’ll come up with your own ideas.
But wait – there’s more! Click here for a new amazing list of nail polish crafts. You’ll get a whole new batch of great ideas.
I hope you enjoyed this list! Stay tuned for more like this…
What nail polish craft ideas can you add to the list? Comment below!
Want more? Check up my follow-up post – featuring NAIL POLISH HACKS – alternative ways to use your nail polish (other than crafting).
Get the book! By purchasing Moms & Crafters publications, you are supporting my blog and enabling me to keep on providing you with free craft ideas like this one. Coloring for Coffee Lovers is my most popular coloring book, but you can find all of my printed and digital coloring books here.