In my mind, the only thing sweeter than a handmade card is one with a built in gift. Perfect for tweens and big kids, this craft is cheap, fun, and includes it all.
To make the bracelet, you’ll need to see my heart friendship bracelet tutorial. After you’ve made that, you can go on to include it in this fun card craft.
I used supplies I had lying around, and you can do the same. Choose a piece of pink, or red construction paper, or a scrapbook paper with that theme. You can also be original, and replace the traditional “heart” colors with the card recipient’s favorite.
Supplies for the Valentine’s Day Card Craft:
- A heart friendship bracelet
- Background paper or cardstock
- White paper
- White glue or glue stick
How to make the Valentine’s Day card craft:
- First, cut your paper to size. If you have an envelope, measure it accordingly. If you don’t go with typical sizes, such as 5×7 inches or 4×6 inches so you’ll be able to find a matching envelope. cut your background fancy paper to the full size and leave a border of about 1/2 and inch around the edges for the white paper.
- Cut out a heart shape in the corner of your white paper.
- Glue the white paper on top of the fancy paper, centering it.
- Cut two slits in the top of the card, about 1.5-3 inches apart, depending on the size of your card.
- Slide your bracelet on! I left it as is, however if you’d like you can secure it by with a small, discreet piece of tape in the back.
If you liked this craft, you might like:
- 14 Cool Crafts for Teens
- DIY High Fashion Mirror Frame
- Super Easy enameled Spoons
- Upcycled Jars and Cans Crafts for Moms
- Chain and Leather Bracelet
- Wire Wrapped Pendant Tutorial