Crafting is a wonderful outlet for adults and children alike – and year round too! These super cool back to school crafts for tweens and teens will have you covered. Find more crafts for tweens for the whole year, or scroll on for cool back-to-school ideas. Disclosure: this post contains affiliate ads.
These back to school crafts for tweens and teens were contributed by an amazing group of bloggers. Make sure to click through to each one, and why not leave a comment too? We bloggers love to hear when you enjoyed a craft we shared – as these crafts are close to our hearts!
I tried to cover all bases with this list – but if you need more, just follow me on Pinterest where I keep pinning things like this!
From funky pens, to magnets for your locker; from hair accessories to shoe embellishments, these back to school crafts for tweens and teens share one thing in common: they are all totally COOL! Some are better for big kids and tweens, and some are perfect for your tween, but all of them are something I would happily sit and create…
This post was published before I had this LEGO backpack to share, but I had to come back and add that in!
Pens, pencils, and things to put them into
1. No one ever outgrows these fun Dr. Seuss characters! Make Thing 1 and Thing 2 inspired pens or pencils – one to keep and one for a BFF!
2. These fun character pens by Typically Simple are full of personality!
3. Throw together these super easy washi tape pencils by Katarina’s Paperie in minutes.
4. Your tween will love this embellished pencil pouch by the Country Chic Cottage.
5. Make fabric covered jars by Crafts by Amanda to corral school supplies.
6. Or, if you want something simpler, these fun chevron pencil holders by The Suburban Mom take minutes to make, but are so cool!
Notebooks, books, and binders
7. Make this super cool and super frugal paper bag book cover to protect notebooks, textbooks, or even binders!
8. Decorate any notebook using this easy tutorial by Delineate Your Dwelling.
9. Make this easy DIY journal (or use any notebook) by Organized31.
10. This beautiful upcycled t-shirt binder by Carolyn’s Homework is simply genius!
11. These personalized product spiral notebooks by the Idea Room are perfect for keeping everything organized, in style!
12. I adore this three-hole-punch makeover by Washi Tape Crafts. It’s such a simple but addictive craft.
13. Keep your place while keeping your cool, with ice cream bookmarks by Artsy Craftsy Mom.
Lockers and memo boards
14. A fun chalkboard sign by Dear Creatives is a trendy way to keep track of homework and other assignments!
15. Make a DIY bulletin board by DIY Candy to tack reminders and other fun school-time notes.
16. Use these tetris magnets to hang messages and reminders as well!
17. Or, make these delightful owl magnets by Crafts by Amanda.
18. These damask magnets by The Impatient Crafter are another fun set to try…
School-ready clothing and accessories:
19. Dress your best for back to school with a chic and sophisticated wire-wrapped headband!
20. I love these cat face shoe accessories by The Paper Mama! They can be made as hair clips too…
21. Here’s another adorable way to personalize shoes for school by Mum in the Madhouse!
22. Shop the thrift store for back to school – but make it cool with this blinged-out thrifted sweater by At Home With Sweet T.
23. Carry books to school in style with these stunning DIY painted totes by Freutcake.
24. Make these adorable custom pencils for back to school, by Arts and Crackers. Click the image for the full tutorial.
Copyright: All photos are copyright protected and have been reproduced with respective bloggers’ permission. Please do not use these images without checking with the original blog owner.
Which back to school crafts for tweens or teens will you be making this year?